- The provisions contained in these 'Wagering Rules' are subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of any person seeking to rely on these Wagering Rules to ensure that they are making reference to the most recent version of our Wagering Rules by visiting the VicBet Website.
- Where they appear in these General Terms & Conditions, the following terms and expressions have the meaning attributed to them in this Clause:
- "Customer" means a registered holder of a VicBet Customer Account.
- "Customer Credentials" means your VicBet User ID and access password.
- "VicBet Rules" means any rules from time to time propagated by VicBet in respect of the VicBet Website and its use, and include:
- These General Terms & Conditions; and
- The VicBet Wagering Rules.
- "VicBet Website" means our wagering website located at www.vicbet.com.
- Any references to "you" or "your" in these General Terms & Conditions is a reference to a VicBet Customer.
- Any references to "we", "us" or "our" in these General Terms & Conditions is a reference to VicBet.
- By opening a VicBet Customer Account, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out hereunder and the VicBet General Terms & Conditions.
- These 'Wagering Rules' shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the Laws of the State of Victoria and, in the event of any dispute arising from or in connection with these Rules, VicBet and the Customer irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to pay any tax or duty imposed on you by any competent authority in connection with your wagering activity.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, VicBet excludes all warranties (express or implied) relating to its wagering business and shall not have any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense or injury suffered by any Customer.
- Without prejudice to any other Rule, the maximum aggregated liability of VicBet in respect of any liability arising under or in connection with these rules, howsoever arising (including by way of contract and/or under an indemnity in tort including negligence or any other theory of law) shall be limited to the total amount of the wager giving rise to the dispute.
- We reserve the right to void any or all wagers and/or close the Customer Account of any individual or group attempting to defraud VicBet by any means including, without limitation, through the manipulation of the 'Official Prices' or the totalisator pools and associated dividends in any jurisdiction.
- We reserve the right to, at any time, refuse any bet (or part of any bet) at our sole and absolute discretion, and without advance notification, subject to the Australian Rules of Racing and the Rules of Racing of Racing Victoria. Circumstances in which we may refuse a Customer's bet include but are not limited to where the Customer is, or where we reasonably believe the Customer is:
- Less than eighteen (18) years of age;
- Placing the bet on behalf of a person who is or may be less than eighteen (18) years of age;
- In breach of these Rules;
- In breach of any applicable law;
- Attempting to take a dividend that has changed since the bet was submitted; and
- Attempting to place a wager on an event that has closed.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any bet where that bet was placed at a dividend which is objectively in error including, without limitation, where there is a misplaced decimal point or a match posted with the wrong favourite. In the event that we do elect to cancel such a bet or bets, we will use our best endeavours to notify affected Customers of the cancellation of their bets by email and/or telephone prior to the commencement of the event, however, any failure to do so will not prejudice our right to cancel the bet.
- We reserve the right to restrict a Customer from accessing or withdrawing deposited or accrued funds, and to withhold winnings in respect of successful wagers, where we reasonably suspect that the Customer account has been unlawfully funded including via the misuse or fraudulent use of a credit card. In such circumstances, VicBet further reserves the right to report the suspicious banking activity, and the details of the perpetrator, to any relevant authority, and to thereafter temporarily suspend or permanently close the relevant Customer Account/s.
General Wagering Management
- Placement & Acceptance of Wagers
- All wagers placed with VicBet are taken to be placed and accepted in the State of Victoria notwithstanding the location of the Customer at the time of submitting a bet request.
- Event dates and start times as published by VicBet are indicative only. Except in the case of 'in-play wagering', wagers will only be accepted on an event until the earlier of:
- The advertised start time of the event and;
- The actual start time of the event.
- VicBet reserves the right to cancel any bet that has been submitted in bad faith after the commencement of the relevant event.
- Internet Betting
- Where a Customer has submitted a bet request via the Internet on any of our online wagering channels, said bet is taken to be accepted upon receipt of the confirmation (and accompanying 'Ticket Number') by the Customer.
- Telephone Betting
- Where a Customer submits a bet request via the telephone:
- The Customer is wholly responsible for accurately quoting the details of their VicBet Customer Account (including their User ID and Password) to the VicBet operator.
- Said bet is taken to be accepted when the confirmation has been provided to the Customer by the VicBet operator.
- In the event that a telephone communication between a VicBet representative and a Customer is interrupted (for any reason whatsoever) during the course of said Customer submitting a bet request, any unconfirmed bet will be deemed not to have been accepted and will not stand. In such circumstances, it is the responsibility of the Customer to contact us to either obtain a confirmation of the requested bet, or to re-submit their bet request.
- VicBet shall record all telephone communications with Customers including where the Customer is placing a bet, lodging a complaint, or otherwise making a query in respect of their Customer Account. The Customer irrevocably agrees to such recordings being made. If there is dispute between VicBet and the Customer regarding a telephone bet or interaction, and that dispute cannot be resolved between the parties, the Customer agrees that the recording/s may be made available to any adjudicator or authority enlisted to resolve the dispute in accordance with these Rules. VicBet will retain all voice recordings securely in accordance with our privacy obligations.
- Modification and/or Cancellation of Bets
- Customers are responsible for all activity in their VicBet Customer Account and for the security of their VicBet Customer Account access credentials.
- Any wagers submitted via the Internet using a VicBet Customer Account, or via the Telephone having quoted a VicBet Customer's access credentials, will be deemed to have been validly submitted by the relevant Customer and, once accepted, may not be modified, cancelled or voided except at the sole and absolute discretion of VicBet Management.
- For the avoidance of doubt, VicBet Management will not agree to the modification, cancellation or voiding of a standing wager after the commencement of any event to which the relevant wager relates.
- 'In-Play' Betting
- 'In-Play Betting' (a.k.a. Live Betting) refers to a continuous form of betting whereby Customers are able to place bets after the commencement of an event.
- In compliance with the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (Cth) and other prevailing legislation, we do not accept or allow the submission of in-play wagers via any online wagering channel. All in-play wagers must be placed via the telephone.
- We do not warrant that we will offer In-Play Betting on every event, or at all.
- In order to request and/or place an 'in-play' wager, Customers must contact us via telephone to obtain a quote on any available In-Play Betting options.
- All wagers made 'in-play' shall be subject to the same rules applicable to pre-match wagering on the relevant event.
- Race Resulting
- Vicbet will credit your account on the declaration of the dividends by all three (3) TABs (being Victorian TAB, NSW TAB and Queensland TAB). If after the payment to your account there is a new result declared (incorrect numbers or dividends, protest, weighed in light are a few reasons but there may and will be others) then Vicbet will re-result the race with the corrected result. Balances to client's accounts will be adjusted in line with the finalised result.
- The winner and placegetters of a race are determined on the date of the race in accord with the race's rules and regulations. Later overturned decisions do not apply for wagering purposes.
Racing (Thoroughbreds / Harness / Greyhounds)
- Racing Wagering Products
- VicBet may offer the following Wagering Products on thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing:
|Best Tote Plus SP||The Customer will receive the greater of:
For 'Each-Way' wagers placed on the 'Best Tote + SP' product, the place portion of the wager will be paid out at 'Middle Tote'.
- The highest of the dividends declared by the Victorian TAB, the New South Wales TAB and the Queensland TAB; and
- The 'Official Starting Price'.
|Starting Price (SP) ||The Customer will receive the final official price declared at the time the race started.|
|Best of 3 Totes||The Customer will receive the highest of the dividends declared by the Victorian TAB, the New South Wales TAB and the Queensland TAB.|
For 'Each-Way' wagers placed on the 'Best of 3 Totes' product, the place portion of the wager will be paid out at 'Middle Tote'.
|Best of the Best (BOB)||The Customer will receive the greater of:
- The highest of the dividends declared by the Victorian TAB, the New South Wales TAB and the Queensland TAB; and
- The 'Official Top Fluctuation'.
BOB is for WIN ONLY bets and it will be offered on all Australian races (except Tasmania). BOB will be available until 25 minutes before the advertised race time for Metro races and 20 minutes on Non-Metros.
|STAB ||The Customer will receive the dividend declared by the Victorian TAB for both the win and place.|
|Middle Tote||The Customer will receive the median of the dividends declared by the Victorian TAB, the New South Wales TAB and the Queensland TAB.|
For 'Each-Way' wagers placed on the 'Middle Tote' product, the place portion of the wager will be paid out at 'Middle Tote'.
|Fixed Odds||The Customer will receive the dividend available and taken at the time of bet placement. 'Fixed Odds (Win)' and 'Fixed Odds (Place)' dividends are not subject to fluctuation after acceptance of the wager.|
Fixed Win & Place odds may be subject to deductions if another runner(s) is scratched after the time of the wager.
For 'Each-Way' wagers placed on the 'Fixed Odds' product, the place portion of the wager will be paid out at the place price showing on the website at the time of the wager.
|Top Fluctuation (TF)||The Customer will receive the highest dividend forming part of the Official Price fluctuation (does not include any Pre-post fluctuations displayed on the website pre-opening official prices).|
Top Fluctuation Win & Place odds may be subject to deductions if another runner(s) is scratched during the Official Price period. If in the 25 or 20 min time frame there is a scratching then the deductions that are derived from the Racing Victoria (RVL) Official Price Administration website.
For 'Each-Way' and 'Place' wagers placed on the 'Top Fluctuation' product, the place portion of the wager will be paid out at one quarter (1/4) of the Win Top Fluctuation price.
|Multi-Leg Bets||A 'Multi-Leg Bet' (or accumulator) is the combination of two or more bets into a single wager. The dividend of a 'Multi-Leg Bet' is derived by multiplying the dividends of each of the individual bets comprising the 'Multi-Leg Bet'.|
'Multi-Leg Bets' may not contain any interdependent legs.
VicBet accepts 'Multi-Leg Bets' of two (2) legs online, if you require more legs the bet will need to be placed via telephone betting, with a maximum dividend of $1,001.00.
The maximum payout on any 'Multi-Leg Bet' at VicBet is $20,000.00.
|Exotics||VicBet may offer the following Racing exotic bet types:
For all racing exotics, the Customer will receive the dividend declared by the Victorian TAB.
- First Four; and
|Quinella||A Quinella is when the Customer has predicted the two runners that placed first and second, irrespective of the specific order in which those runners finished.|
|Exacta||An exacta is when the Customer has predicted the two runners that placed first and second in the correct order.|
|Trifecta||A Trifecta is when the Customer has predicted the three runners that placed first, second and third in the correct order.|
|First Four||A First Four is when the Customer has predicted the four runners that placed first, second, third and fourth in the correct order. COMING SOON.|
|Quadrella||A Quadrella (or 'Quaddie') is when the Customer has predicted the winners of the four races designated by the Victorian TAB as forming part of the Quadrella. COMING SOON.|
- Abandonments & Relocations
- If a race meeting is abandoned or postponed for any reason whatsoever, VicBet will, at its sole and absolute discretion and without regard to the actions or announcements of any TAB, racing authority or other wagering operator, void any standing single and exotic wagers on the abandoned or postponed meeting and refund the amount of those wagers to the Customer.
- Where a race meeting is transferred from one racecourse to another racecourse or from one surface to another surface at the same racecourse VicBet will void any standing single and exotic wagers of the transferred meeting and refund the amount of those wagers to the Customer.
- Where VicBet has voided single and exotic wagers pursuant to these Wagering Rules, the payout in respect of any affected Multi-Leg Bets will be recalculated excluding any voided leg or legs.
- If a race meeting is merely transferred from one location to another, the original wagering rules and limits will apply to that meeting as if it were never transferred.
- Scratchings & Final Acceptances
- If a runner is scratched following final acceptances and/or the declaration of the final field:
- All wagers that were placed on that runner after the declaration of the final field will be refunded to the Customer;
- All 'Fixed Odds' wagers placed on any runners remaining in the field will be subject to a Deduction calculated in accordance with the VicBet Schedule of Deductions (see Section 13) up until Official Pricing Period.
- If the scratching occurs in the Official Pricing Period (25 minutes before Metro races and 20 minutes Non-Metro races in Australia) then the deductions applied will be those supplied by the relevant state body. These are available from www.admin.officialprice.com.au
- 'Dead Heat' Rule
- In the event of a 'Dead Heat' (i.e. where two or more runners in an event are declared to have finished tied), unless a 'Dead Heat' was an available betting option:
- Any 'Fixed Odds' wagers on the tied runners will be paid out at face value divided by the number of runners involved in the Dead Heat; and
- Any 'Tote-Based' payouts will be paid out in accordance with the dividends declared by the TABs (which will have been adjusted to account for the Dead Heat).
- For the avoidance of doubt, for the purposes of the 'Dead Heat Rule':
- 'Top Fluctuation' and the 'Official Starting Price' are deemed to be 'Fixed Odds' wagers; and
- Any 'Fixed Odds' component of a 'Tote-Derivative' Wagering Product such as, for example, the Official Starting Price component of a 'Best Tote + SP' wager, shall be calculated as if it were a 'Fixed Odds' wager.
- Payout Limits
- Unless otherwise agreed or elsewhere stated in writing, the maximum amount that VicBet will be obliged to payout to a Customer on any single race notwithstanding the number, or amount of wagers placed by that Customer on said race shall be limited as follows:
| ||Win Bets||'Place' Bets||Quinella, Exacta & Trifecta Bets||First Four Bets Coming Soon||Quadrella Bets Coming Soon|
|Metropolitan Thoroughbred Racing||$50,000.00||$15,000.00||$15,000.00||N/A||N/A|
|Provincial & Country Thoroughbred Racing||$20,000.00||$7,500.00||$10,000.00||N/A||N/A|
|Asian & New Zealand Racing||$10,000.00||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||N/A||N/A|
|All Other Racing||$10,000.00||$5,000.00||$2,500.00||N/A||N/A|
Please Note: All amounts stated in the above table are references to the maximum amount of profit that a Customer can receive in connection with a racing event.
- VicBet may elect, at its sole and absolute discretion, to pay a Customer more than the maxima prescribed in the table set out in the preceding Clause.
- Minimum Bet Limits (MBL)
- The maximum amount that a Customer can stake on any wager is determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the event on which the wager is placed and the prevailing market conditions, as well as being subject to any Minimum Bet Limits applied by any wagering control authority in the relevant jurisdiction. VicBet will attempt to satisfy all bet requests but may, at its discretion, reject or partially accept certain bet requests.
- A number of Australian wagering control bodies prescribe Minimum Bet Limits for the benefit of punters. For events in which a Minimum Bet Limit is in place, we must accept wagers in which the punter's potential profit is below the specified threshold. Some of the Minimum Bet Limits in place are summarized below:
|New South Wales||$2,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Northern Territory||No MBL||No MBL|
Minimum Bet Limits apply only to Fixed Odds bets. They do not apply to bets on Top Fluctuation, Best of the Best, tote or tote-derivative products, racing exotics, or multi-leg bets.
Minimum Bet Limits apply to bets placed after 9:00am on the day of the race meeting, unless the meeting is a night meeting in which event the Minimum Bet Limits take effect at 2:00pm on the day of the race meeting. For Victorian and Queensland Racing the MBL takes effect whenever fixed prices are an available betting option on the website.
- 'Fixed Odds (Place) ' Betting
- Where there are eight (8) or more runners in a given race, 'Fixed Odds (Place)' dividends shall be paid in respect of the runners that ran first, second and third.
- Where there are seven (7), six (6) or five (5) runners in a given race, 'Fixed Odds (Place)' dividends shall be paid only in respect of the runners that ran first and second.
- Where there are less than five (5) runners in a given race, all wagers will be WIN ONLY. If a late scratching or scratchings reduces the field below five (5) runners all 'Fixed Odds (Place)' wagers (including the 'Place' portion of any Each-Way wagers) will be voided and the amount of the wager will be refunded to the Customer.
- 'Tote' & 'Tote-Derivative' Betting
- In the event that trading in one or more of the totalisator pools is suspended or interrupted, then VicBet reserves the right to postpone the resulting of any wager contingent on any of said totalisator pools until such time as the suspension or interruption is resolved by the relevant totalisator pool.
- In the event that one of the Australian TAB's returns an elevated dividend owing to their foregoing of their normal take out (whether for promotional reasons or otherwise), VicBet reserves the right to exclude or ignore that elevated dividend for the purposes of calculating the payout of any contingent or affected wager.
- If the total amount of any totalisator pool for any product is less than five hundred dollars ($500.00), VicBet may, at it sole and absolute discretion, disregard such totalisator pool in the calculation of any tote-derived dividend.
- In the event that one of the Australian TAB's goes down (either on-line or via their telephone) and the pools are distorted then Vicbet reserves the right to omit these dividends when paying out. If the NSW TAB is down, the best of Vic TAB and Qld TAB will be paid for Best Tote products. For middle tote products the dividend will be deemed to be the average of the two (2) declared dividends.
- If two (2) or more of the TABs are down due to mafunction (or similar) then Vicbet reserves the right to pay Best tote and Middle Tote at Starting Price (SP).
- Vicbet may place a limit on the payout (final dividend) where there is an irregular dividend on one (1) or more of the tote pools compared to the Starting Price (SP) and other TAB dividends. If one (or more) price is more than 50% higher than any other price, Vicbet reserves the right to omit the price(s) from payout calculations.
- Vicbet may place a limit on the payout (final dividend) where there is a reasonable suspicion of pool manipulation having occurred. In the event of this situation Vicbet will pay Best Tote as a middle tote dividend
- If none of the 3 TABs declares a dividend on a result, where one would have been expected then the tote dividend will be paid at the final fixed price showing on the Vicbet website. An example of this is if all 3 TABs declare a dividend of $0 the place where a dividend would normally be expected.
- 'Tote-Derivative (Place) ' Betting
- 'Tote-Derived (Place)' dividends shall be paid in respect of any runner for which the Victorian TAB declares a place dividend.
- Notwithstanding the dividends declared by any TAB, VicBet reserves the right to apply a cap on, and downwardly adjust, any 'Tote-Based (Place)' dividend such that the 'Tote-Based (Place)' dividend of a runner does not exceed the 'Tote-Based (Win)' dividend of said runner (as declared by any of the three TABs).
- Racing Exotics
- For all racing exotics, the customer will receive the dividend declared by the Victorian TAB.In the event of a jackpot:
- If the customer has a Unit stake greater than 1, the customer will receive the dividend derived by dividing the amount of of the Victorian TAB jackpot by the customer's Unit stake; or
- If the customer has a unit stake of less than 1, the customer will receive the dividend derived bey multiplying the amount of the Victorian TAB jackpot by the Customer's Unit stake.
- In the unlikely event that the Victorian TAB is not offering racing exotics in the location in which the Customer's exotic is struck, the Customer will receive the lowest of the dividends declared by the New South Wales TAB and Queensland TAB.
- In addition to the maximum payouts detailed in Section 5, Vicbet reserves the right to further limit the total payout to a Customer in respect of a successful racing exotics wager if the total amount to be paid out to a Customer would exceed the total amount held in the relevant Victorian TAB pool. In such an event, Vicbet may, acting in its sole and absolute discretion, limit the total payout to Customers to the total amount held in said Victorian TAB pool.
- If a runner forming part of a Customer's exotic selections is either scratched or declared a non runner after the wager is confirmed:
- The Customer will receive a refund in respect of every combination that includes the scratched runner; and
- The Customer's Unit stake will be recalculated in light of the removal of the runner and the consequent reduction in exotics combinations comprising the Customer's wager.
- We may place a limit on the payout in respect of any wager on a Racing Exotic such, that the dividend at which a Customer's wager will not be more than 1.5 times the second-highest declared by the three Australian TABs.
- Head to Head Betting (H2H)
- H2H betting is a bet type available on most races where fixed odds are offered. This is a novelty bet and as such a customer may be restricted in the size of their wager or excluded all together from this bet type. :
- The Customer is required to select the first runner, from a group of three (3) runners, to complete the race (or in the event none finish the race then be the one that travelled the furthest). Dead heat rules apply;
- If one or more of the group of three (3) runners is/are scratched then all wagers are void and funds will be returned to the Customer's account
- Vicbet may offer this bet type with either two (2) or four (4) runners making up the group from which the Customer is to select the first to finish, with the same conditions as listed in 11.1.1 and 11.1.2
- Other Bet Types
- Odds V Evens is available on all races where fixed odds are offered. This is a novelty bet and as such a customer may be restricted in the size of their wager or excluded all together from this bet type:
- For a Odds v Evens wager the Customer selects either an ODD numbered runner to win the race OR an EVEN numbered runner to win the race. (In the event of a dead heat then the dead heat rule applies);
- If the Customer has bet on the ODDS and an even numbered horse is scratched then deductions will apply to the wager. In the event where the Customer has on the ODDS and an odd numbered horse is scratched then the bet will be adjusted by an inverse deduction with his odds being adjusted upwards.
- Favourite V Field is available on most races where fixed odds are offered. This is a novelty bet and as such a customer may be restricted in the size of their wager or excluded all together from this bet type:
- For a Favourite v Field wager the Customer selects either the nominated favourite to win the race OR for the favourite to NOT WIN (The Field) the race. (In the event of a dead heat then the dead heat rule applies);
- If the nominated favourite is scratched then all bets will be cancelled and the Customer's funds credited back to their account. In the event where the Customer has the wager on the FIELD (Favourite not Win) and a runner is scratched (other than nominated favourite) then the bet will be adjusted by an inverse deduction with his odds being adjusted upwards.
- Schedule of Deductions
'Fixed Odds (Win)' Dividend
'Fixed Odds (Place)' Dividend
(Place Paying 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
'Fixed Odds (Place)' Dividend
(Place Paying 1st, 2nd)